The CCNA Training and Capacity Building Program is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of travel awards for CCNA trainees presenting oral presentations or posters at AAIC in Chicago, United States. To be eligible the trainee or fellow must have an accepted AAIC abstract. Priority will be given to oral presentations and order of receipt of the application.
Number of awards: Four
Amount of award: $2000 maximum per one award, $8000 total.
Application deadline: May 14, 2018
- Open to all CCNA trainees including Master’s and PhD students, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Trainees must meet the definition of a CCNA trainee (see below).
- Proof that they have an accepted AAIC abstract.
- The work being presented must represent CCNA work. Trainee applicants will be asked for confirmation from their CCNA supervisor that the work presented is CCNA work.
To be recognized as a CCNA-affiliated trainee, an individual must be either:
- A graduate student (Master’s or PhD) registered full-time or part-time in a Canadian post-secondary institution and working under the supervision of a CCNA investigator member on CCNA related work; or,
- A postdoctoral researcher* (also known as a Scholar or Fellow) associated with a Canadian post-secondary institution (registered as a student and/ or holding an appointment as an employee), is being mentored by a CCNA investigator member, and is engaged in CCNA related work.
* A postdoctoral researcher is an individual holding a recently completed research doctoral degree (or medical professional equivalent) in a temporary period of mentored research or scholarly training.
The applicant must submit:
- An accepted presentation or poster abstract submitted to AAIC.
- A notice of acceptance of an oral presentation or poster from AAIC.
- Acknowledgment of registration from AAIC.
- A letter from the supervisor attesting that the trainee is presenting CCNA work.
- All files should be combined into a single PDF.
Terms of award
- Following the conference trainees must complete and submit a Travel Expense Claim form along with all original receipts and boarding passes.
Eligible Expenses – to a maximum refund of $2000/claimant
- AAIC registration (Regular conference or student only).
- The cost of an economy return flight.
- The cost of accommodation secured at a reasonable rate.
- The cost of meals in accordance with Dalhousie University per diem rates.
- Only original receipts and boarding passes will be accepted.
Application should be sent by email to Amanda Duncan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Duncan at the above email address.